PARISH ADVOCATES: Thank you for offering to help promote the Annual Tampa Bay Men's Conference at your parish. The information and materials contained on this page are provided to assist in your efforts. However, none of this can replace the personal connections you have with the men of your parish, which is why your role is so vital to our success. Thank you!
Please note: If you are not a registered Parish Advocate, please refer to the "Become A Parish Advocate" page. Once you register, a member of our Parish Advocates Team will contact you regarding next steps.
Parish Advocate Steps for Success
- Meet with your Pastor
- Provide your Pastor with information on the Annual Men's Conference that was supplied by the Parish Advocate coordinator.
- Provide your Pastor with information on Suncoast Catholic Ministries by referring him to the website. He may also contact Msgr. Ron Aubin, Pastor Emeritus of Our Lady of the Rosary in Land O' Lakes, or Deacon Rick Wells at DOSP. Both are very familiar with our ministry.
- Ask for his permission to promote the conference at your parish.
- Provide your Pastor with a script for pulpit announcements and ask for his support. A suggested pulpit announcement is provided in the Promotional Materials area below.
- If your Pastor is not willing or able to provide pulpit support, ask permission to make a brief announcement yourself at one Sunday's Masses.
- Ask for your Pastor’s advice and support in setting a goal for attendance by parish members based on your parish size.
- Advertise the Conference
- Ask for support from male volunteers/leaders/ministry heads in the parish to hand out information, invite other male parishioners to attend, and if possible, provide online registration opportunities after Masses.
- Display the Conference Posters where permissable around your parish campus
- Choose a day to hand out Conference Postcards and/or business cards. Preprinted versions of each are available in limited quantities from the Parish Advocate Team, and images of the poster and handout postcard are availaible in the Promotional Materials area below.
- Bulletin Announcements
- Know your parish’s process and timing for submitting bulletin announcements well before they are to begin. Meet with the appropriate person to schedule dates for bulletin announcements for Men’s Conference per the schedule in your Parish Advocate’s packet.
- Bulletin Announcements are provided in the Promotional Materials area below. The announcements can be printed or shared by email with your parish contact, and Word Document, JPG and PDF versions are available to download.
- Recruit volunteers
- Ask them to help you pass out Conference literature and invite male parishioners to attend the conference
- Plan how you will staff, schedule volunteers for after Masses and make every effort to hand out literature according to the schedule in your Parish Advocate instructions.
- Make sure your parish groups and ministries (Knights of Columbus, Men’s Groups, etc.) aware of the Conference and enlist their support in your efforts.
- Register men from your parish for the conference.
- The best way to recruit men is by personal invitation. Have a person commit to come and have him bring 2 or 3 men to join him.
- (Optional) Ask for a list of names and phone numbers of all male members of Parish.
- (Optional) Use volunteers for telephone tree (personal conversations work best!)
Delegate names to be called, Pass out telephone scripts, Set dates to begin and end telephone tree.
Please contact a member of The Parish Advocate Team
John Abernethy | firstname.lastname@example.org | 727-785-4065 | Team Leader & Pinellas Coordinator
Paul Mastella | email@example.com | 813-495-4570 | Hillsborough Coordinator
Dimitre Bobev | firstname.lastname@example.org | 727-403-8060 | SCM Board Member